Welcome to Our Practice
Sussex Pulmonary & Endocrine Consultants is a private medical office providing comprehensive quality consultations for adults. We specialize in Pulmonary, sleep, diabetes and other endocrine disorders. Physicians and staff at Sussex Pulmonary & Endocrine Consultants are committed towards providing highest quality medical care in the field of Pulmonary, Sleep Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology. We believe that every patient is unique and we strive to provide quality, individualized, and timely care to each of our patients. Communication with the patient's primary care physicians and other care providers is one of our priorities.
COVID-19 VACCINE: Now available at our office
You can now schedule appointment for vaccine directly from the link above. To get step by step instructions about how to book appointment for the vaccine click here.
We are excited to announce that we are now providing the COVID-19 vaccine in our office. All Delawareans 18 years of age and older are eligible to get the vaccine. We are holding a COVID-19 vaccination clinic every week. The appointments are being offered on a first come basis. At present we only have Moderna Vaccine.
Eligible people: All Delawareans 18 years of age or older (Person age 16 & 17 can get Pfizer vaccine. We do not have that vaccine)
VACCINES WILL BE GIVEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCOMODATED.
Please fill out Pre-vaccination Checklist and bring it to your appointment.
Questions about vaccines? Contact the Division of Public Health Vaccine Call Center at 1-833-643-1715. The call center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Or email [email protected]
Interim Public Health Recommendations for Fully Vaccinated People
Updated Mar. 8, 2021 by CDC
This is the first set of public health recommendations for fully vaccinated people. This guidance will be updated and expanded based on the level of community spread of SARS-CoV-2, the proportion of the population that is fully vaccinated, and the rapidly evolving science on COVID-19 vaccines.
For the purposes of this guidance, people are considered fully vaccinated for COVID-19 ≥2 weeks after they have received the second dose in a 2-dose series (Pfizer-BioNTech or Moderna), or ≥2 weeks after they have received a single-dose vaccine (Johnson and Johnson (J&J)/Janssen ).†
The following recommendations apply to non-healthcare settings. For related information for healthcare settings, visit Updated Healthcare Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations in Response to COVID-19 Vaccination.
Fully vaccinated people can:
- Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing
- Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic
For now, fully vaccinated people should continue to:
- Take precautions in public like wearing a well-fitted mask and physical distancing
- Wear masks, practice physical distancing, and adhere to other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people who are at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease or who have an unvaccinated household member who is at increased risk for severe COVID-19 disease
- Wear masks, maintain physical distance, and practice other prevention measures when visiting with unvaccinated people from multiple households
- Avoid medium- and large-sized in-person gatherings
- Get tested if experiencing COVID-19 symptoms
- Follow guidance issued by individual employers
- Follow CDC and health department travel requirements and recommendations
OUR OFFICE IS OPEN AND WE ARE SEEING PATIENTS IN THE OFFICE
We are seeing patients in the office. We have taken step to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our staff healthy. We offer Tele-visits for people who do not want to come or do not need to come to the office.
We have started healow® CHECK-IN
How it works, step by step
- The day before a patient’s appointment, healow CHECK-IN automatically sends a text reminder to the patient’s phone and to the healow app. By clicking the reminder link, patients can confirm their appointment and start the check-in process.
- During check in, patients review their demographics, confirm their insurance coverage, sign consent forms, fill out questionnaires, and review medications, allergies, hospitalizations, and surgical histories.
- When patient arrives in the parking lot of the office, they can click “I have arrived”. When the doctor is ready, the medical assistant will come out to the parking lot or call you and bring the patient right into the room.
Office Policies during Coronavirus Pandemic:
- Face mask/face coverings is required to enter the office (Please bring your own mask)
- Upon entering the office you will be provided with hand sanitizer and asked to sanitize the hands
- Once checked in, if there is delay in bringing you back, you will be asked to wait in you car
- We have rearranged furniture in the waiting room to ensure social distancing
- Unless absolutely necessary, no visitors can accompany the patients
- All patients, visitors and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature checked
- All exam room table, chairs, door knobs and other frequently touched surfaces will be wiped frequently and after every visit
- We are restricting access to patient bathroom, so please prepare for that before arrival
We are giving regular scheduled injections in our office. Our office will call you to confirm that you will be coming for the injection. If you are sick please do not come to the office. Call us and we will discuss your symptoms and best course of action.