Welcome to Our Practice
Sussex Pulmonary & Endocrine Consultants is a private medical office providing comprehensive quality consultations for adults. We specialize in Pulmonary, sleep, diabetes and other endocrine disorders. Physicians and staff at Sussex Pulmonary & Endocrine Consultants are committed towards providing highest quality medical care in the field of Pulmonary, Sleep Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology. We believe that every patient is unique and we strive to provide quality, individualized, and timely care to each of our patients. Communication with the patient's primary care physicians and other care providers is one of our priorities.
*****MEDICAL DEVICE RECALL NOTIFICATION*****
Philips Respironics announced a voluntary recall for Continuous and Non-Continuous Ventilators (certain CPAP, BiLevel PAP and Ventilator Devices) due to two issues related to the polyester-based polyurethane (PE-PUR) sound abatement foam used in these devices. For information on the Recall Notice, a complete list of impacted products, and potential health risks, visit philips.com/src-update. Please contact our office with any questions. Please see frequently asked questions.
COVID-19 VACCINE: Available at our office
You can now schedule appointment for vaccine directly from the link above. To get step by step instructions about how to book appointment for the vaccine click here.
ACIP recommends the following individuals be considered for a third dose of an mRNA vaccine, if they received it as the first dose:
- Organ transplant recipients taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Recipient of stem cell transplants (CAR-T-cell or hematopoietic) within two years or taking immunosuppressive therapy
- Active/recent cancer treatments for tumors or hematologic malignancies
- Advanced or untreated HIV infection
- Persons taking medications that weaken the immune system - high-dose corticosteroids (i.e., ≥20mg prednisone or equivalent per day), alkylating agents, antimetabolites, transplant-related immunosuppressive drugs, cancer chemotherapeutic agents classified as severely immunosuppressive, TNF blockers, and other biologic agents that are immunosuppressive or immunomodulatory
- Moderate or severe primary immunodeficiency (e.g., DiGeorge, Wiskott-Aldrich syndromes)
- The additional dose should be the same mRNA vaccine as the primary series
- Alternate mRNA product can be used if primary series product not available
- The additional dose should be administered at least four weeks (28 days) after completion of the initial primary series
- Currently there are not data to support the use of an additional mRNA COVID-1 vaccine dose after a primary J&J COVID-19 vaccine in immunocompromise people. FDA and CDC are actively working to provide guidance on this issue.
- Immunocompromised people (including those who receive an additional mRNA dose) should be counseled about the potential for reduced immune response to COVID-19 vaccination and need to follow prevention measures
Eligible people: All Delawareans 18 years of age or older (Person age 12 to 17 can get Pfizer vaccine. We do not have that vaccine)
VACCINES WILL BE GIVEN BY APPOINTMENT ONLY, NO WALK-INS WILL BE ACCOMODATED.
Please fill out Pre-vaccination Checklist and bring it to your appointment.
Questions about vaccines? Contact the Division of Public Health Vaccine Call Center at 1-833-643-1715. The call center is open from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m., Monday through Friday, and from 10:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. on Saturday. Or email [email protected]
What We Know about COVID-19 vaccines
What We Know
- COVID-19 vaccines are effective at preventing COVID-19 disease, especially severe illness and death.
- COVID-19 vaccines reduce the risk of people spreading COVID-19.
Have You Been Fully Vaccinated?
In general, people are considered fully vaccinated:
- 2 weeks after their second dose in a 2-dose series, such as the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, or
- 2 weeks after a single-dose vaccine, such as Johnson & Johnson’s Janssen vaccine
If you don’t meet these requirements, regardless of your age, you are NOT fully vaccinated. Keep taking all precautions until you are fully vaccinated.
What You Can Start to Do
If you’ve been fully vaccinated:
- You can resume activities that you did prior to the pandemic.
- You can resume activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart, except where required by federal, state, local, tribal, or territorial laws, rules, and regulations, including local business and workplace guidance.
- If you travel in the United States, you do not need to get tested before or after travel or self-quarantine after travel.
- You need to pay close attention to the situation at your international destination before traveling outside the United States.
- You do NOT need to get tested before leaving the United States unless your destination requires it.
- You still need to show a negative test result or documentation of recovery from COVID-19 before boarding an international flight to the United States.
- You should still get tested 3-5 days after international travel.
- You do NOT need to self-quarantine after arriving in the United States.
- If you’ve been around someone who has COVID-19, you do not need to stay away from others or get tested unless you have symptoms.
- However, if you live or work in a correctional or detention facility or a homeless shelter and are around someone who has COVID-19, you should still get tested, even if you don’t have symptoms.
What You Should Keep Doing
For now, if you’ve been fully vaccinated:
- You will still need to follow guidance at your workplace and local businesses.
- If you travel, you should still take steps to protect yourself and others. You will still be required to wear a mask on planes, buses, trains, and other forms of public transportation traveling into, within, or out of the United States, and in U.S. transportation hubs such as airports and stations. Fully vaccinated international travelers arriving in the United States are still required to get tested 3 days before travel by air into the United States (or show documentation of recovery from COVID-19 in the past 3 months) and should still get tested 3-5 days after their trip.
- You should still watch out for symptoms of COVID-19, especially if you’ve been around someone who is sick. If you have symptoms of COVID-19, you should get tested and stay home and away from others.
- People who have a condition or are taking medications that weaken the immune system, should talk to their healthcare provider to discuss their activities. They may need to keep taking all precautions to prevent COVID-19.
OUR OFFICE IS OPEN AND WE ARE SEEING PATIENTS IN THE OFFICE
We are seeing patients in the office. We have taken step to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our staff healthy. We offer Tele-visits for people who do not want to come or do not need to come to the office.
We have started healow® CHECK-IN
How it works, step by step
- The day before a patient’s appointment, healow CHECK-IN automatically sends a text reminder to the patient’s phone and to the healow app. By clicking the reminder link, patients can confirm their appointment and start the check-in process.
- During check in, patients review their demographics, confirm their insurance coverage, sign consent forms, fill out questionnaires, and review medications, allergies, hospitalizations, and surgical histories.
- When patient arrives in the parking lot of the office, they can click “I have arrived”. When the doctor is ready, the medical assistant will come out to the parking lot or call you and bring the patient right into the room.
Office Policies during Coronavirus Pandemic:
- Face mask/face coverings is required to enter the office (Please bring your own mask)
- Upon entering the office you will be provided with hand sanitizer and asked to sanitize the hands
- Once checked in, if there is delay in bringing you back, you will be asked to wait in you car
- All patients, visitors and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature checked
- All exam room table, chairs, door knobs and other frequently touched surfaces will be wiped frequently and after every visit