Welcome to Our Practice
Sussex Pulmonary & Endocrine Consultants is a private medical office providing comprehensive quality consultations for adults. We specialize in Pulmonary, sleep, diabetes and other endocrine disorders. Physicians and staff at Sussex Pulmonary & Endocrine Consultants are committed towards providing highest quality medical care in the field of Pulmonary, Sleep Medicine, Diabetes and Endocrinology. We believe that every patient is unique and we strive to provide quality, individualized, and timely care to each of our patients. Communication with the patient's primary care physicians and other care providers is one of our priorities.
STAY UP TO DATE WITH COVID-19 VACCINES INCLUDING BOOSTERS: We have Pfizer-BioNTech "updated boosters" available in the office.
You are up to date with your COVID-19 vaccines if you have completed a COVID-19 vaccine primary series and received the most recent booster dose recommended for you by CDC.
On August 31st 2022, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration amended the emergency use authorizations (EUAs) of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine and the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine to authorize bivalent formulations of the vaccines for use as a single booster dose at least two months following primary or booster vaccination. The bivalent vaccines, which we will also refer to as “updated boosters,” contain two messenger RNA (mRNA) components of SARS-CoV-2 virus, one of the original strain of SARS-CoV-2 and the other one in common between the BA.4 and BA.5 lineages of the omicron variant of SARS-CoV-2.
The Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent, is authorized for use as a single booster dose in individuals 18 years of age and older. The Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent, is authorized for use as a single booster dose in individuals 12 years of age and older.
Who is eligible to receive a single booster dose and when:
- Individuals 18 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
- Individuals 12 years of age and older are eligible for a single booster dose of the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 Vaccine, Bivalent if it has been at least two months since they have completed primary vaccination or have received the most recent booster dose with any authorized or approved monovalent COVID-19 vaccine.
COVID-9 PRECAUTIONS IN THE OFFICE
We have taken step to ensure we do everything possible to keep our patients and our staff healthy. We offer Tele-visits for people who do not want to come or do not need to come to the office.
We are now doing KIOSK CHECK IN
We have started healow® CHECK-IN
How it works, step by step
- The day before a patient’s appointment, healow CHECK-IN automatically sends a text reminder to the patient’s phone and to the healow app. By clicking the reminder link, patients can confirm their appointment and start the check-in process.
- During check in, patients review their demographics, confirm their insurance coverage, sign consent forms, fill out questionnaires, and review medications, allergies, hospitalizations, and surgical histories.
- When patient arrives in the parking lot of the office, they can click “I have arrived”. When the doctor is ready, the medical assistant will come out to the parking lot or call you and bring the patient right into the room.
Office Policies during Coronavirus Pandemic:
- Face mask/face coverings is required to enter the office (Please bring your own mask)
- Upon entering the office you will be provided with hand sanitizer and asked to sanitize the hands
- All patients, visitors and staff will be screened for COVID-19 symptoms and have their temperature checked
- All exam room table, chairs, door knobs and other frequently touched surfaces will be wiped frequently and after every visit